Monday, October 7, 2013

English Class


For the past six weeks we have been holding an English class at the Peace home. The class is held on Saturday afternoons and is open to anyone who wants to learn. Athena is the main teacher. Julia, Jessica and I help lead smaller groups when they break up to practice. From day one the small school room was packed. We have at least 15 students ranging from 10-19 years old. Most of them are pretty consistent in attending and the older ones are picking things up fast. Helping with the class has really helped my Portuguese and helped me get to know the older teens. Some Saturdays the kids don't seem to want to leave and work on their English for a several hours. I hope I can begin to pick up their language as fast as they are picking up mine.

No comments: