Friday, August 13, 2010

Out of The Pit

I've sunk into the darkness
The endless despair pitted in my soul.
Where are you God as my thoughts consume me
Dragging me deeper still.

My own self pity swallows wisdom
Reality, truth blurs and becomes dim.
Next to the ceaseless longings of my heart
Dragging me deeper still.

Joy has hidden its face
I wallow in my own disgrace.
Pull me Lord from this sea of pain
That's dragging me deeper still.

And yet, a glimmer of hope remains
For the author of my soul
Still is calling gently
For me to surrender all.

Out of the darkness he created light
Out of the mire he chose to drag me.
In my brokenness he sang to me,
I must surrender all.

So cease your wailing and listen
His strength is found in our weakness.
True joy is waiting to greet us
if we will only surrender all.

No comments: